This weekend I decided to tackle pizza. Ever since I started my lifestyle blog, I’ve become emboldened to try new things – which I never would have before. So I figured I should start with trying to make home-made pizza. Thankfully the pizza turned out to be really tasty (my husband’s words, not mine!), and since it’s so easy to make, I thought I should share it with you guys. So, here goes:
Chicken: I had some chicken pieces left over from last night’s chicken curry and decided to just cut those into small pieces.
Chicken Ham Slices
Pizza Sauce: I used the Fun Food’s Pizza & Pasta Sauce (picture below)
Pizza Base: You’ll get this in any simple grocery store (picture below). The base was of diameter 7 inches, and I used two of these bases.
Oregano & Chilli Flakes: I had some leftover packets from previous pizza orders, and these worked just fine.
Note: The mentioned quantities were used for 12 slices of pizza (The size of each slice is as per the main picture). I cut each base into 6 slices.
1. Cut the tomatoes and onions into small pieces. Shred the chicken into small pieces and cut the chicken ham into small square pieces. In case, you don’t have cooked chicken already, you would just need to boil and season the chicken before this step. Also, I used chicken ham which is pre-cooked.
2. Lightly fry all the ingredients as shown in the pan below. After about 5 mins, add 3 tablespoons of pizza sauce. Add some salt, and fry for another 5 mins.
3. Once the above mixture is cooked, spread it out evenly on the pizza bases as shown. Add cheese on top. Ideally, you should use mozzarella, but I didn’t have that. Hence, I chopped up cheese slices into small pieces and spread them over the mixture. Cut the base into six pieces.
4. Microwave the above for about 5-10 minutes. However, do remember that if you only microwave the slices, it won’t become crispy. Too make them crispy, the next step is crucial.
Note: If you have a grill, you can just put it in that and it’ll cook and become crispy. However, since I didn’t have one, I found using the microwave along with the pan to be the easiest option.
5. Take the slices out from the microwave and lightly heat them on a flat pan as shown below. Remember to put a very thin layer of butter so that the slices don’t stick. Lightly heat the slices for about 7 mins.
Note: Spread the pizza slices around the edges of the pan as shown below so that they don’t get burned. Remember to keep the flame very low.
6. Once the pizza slices are super crispy, take them off and sprinkle oregano and chilli flakes as per your preference. Ta-da there you have it: your very own home-made pizza:
It’s so easy, you don’t even need a weekend for this. You can do it on any weekday. Preferably, the next time you have a craving for pizza and you don’t want to order in.
Cooking Time: 30-45 mins
Calories per Slice: 125-150 calories (So, you get to have pizza and stay within your calorie limit)
Happy Cooking Folks! Let me know your thoughts on this. I’d love to hear suggestions from you guys.
Featured on Linky: